Caesar Salad Dressing
This dressing has just 13 calories and less than half a gram of fat per tablespoon, compared to 115 calories and 12 grams of fat for its traditional counterpart.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Puree garlic and cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add yogurt, Parmesan, vinegar and Worcestershire and pulse to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 13 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 62 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique