Caesar Salad Dressing
This dressing has just 13 calories and less than half a gram of fat per tablespoon, compared to 115 calories and 12 grams of fat for its traditional counterpart.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Puree garlic and cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add yogurt, Parmesan, vinegar and Worcestershire and pulse to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 13 calories; 0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 62 mg sodium; 9 mg potassium.
Exchanges: free food
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation