Buttermilk-Herb Mashed Potatoes
Simmering a garlic clove with the potato infuses it with flavor. Use whatever fresh herbs you have in your refrigerator.
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons nonfat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh herbs
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Add garlic. Bring to a boil; cook until the potato is tender. Drain; add butter and buttermilk, and mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency. Stir in herbs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Per serving: 85 calories; 2 g fat (1 g sat, 0 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 87 mg sodium; 416 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Valentine's Day
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, potato/starch