Butter-Bean Spread Roll-Up Sandwich
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
This vegetarian sandwich is full of flavors and textures, and beans make it extra satisfying. We love the combination of onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts, but equal amounts of whatever vegetables you like or have on hand will also work well.
- 1/4 cup Butter-Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- 1 whole-wheat lavash, (see Note)
- 1 small slice red onion
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- Spread butter-bean spread over the lavash, leaving a 1-inch border on the short sides. Arrange onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts over the spread along one short side. Roll up and cut in half.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Lavash is a soft, thin flatbread commonly used in Armenian or Iranian cuisine. Find it in well-stocked supermarkets or Middle Eastern specialty markets.
Per serving: 343 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 62 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 13 g fiber; 525 mg sodium; 563 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Folate (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)