Butter-Bean Spread Roll-Up Sandwich
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
This vegetarian sandwich is full of flavors and textures, and beans make it extra satisfying. We love the combination of onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts, but equal amounts of whatever vegetables you like or have on hand will also work well.
- 1/4 cup Butter-Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- 1 whole-wheat lavash, (see Note)
- 1 small slice red onion
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- Spread butter-bean spread over the lavash, leaving a 1-inch border on the short sides. Arrange onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts over the spread along one short side. Roll up and cut in half.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Lavash is a soft, thin flatbread commonly used in Armenian or Iranian cuisine. Find it in well-stocked supermarkets or Middle Eastern specialty markets.
Per serving: 343 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 62 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 13 g fiber; 525 mg sodium; 563 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Folate (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)