Butter-Bean Spread Roll-Up Sandwich
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
This vegetarian sandwich is full of flavors and textures, and beans make it extra satisfying. We love the combination of onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts, but equal amounts of whatever vegetables you like or have on hand will also work well.
- 1/4 cup Butter-Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- 1 whole-wheat lavash, (see Note)
- 1 small slice red onion
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- Spread butter-bean spread over the lavash, leaving a 1-inch border on the short sides. Arrange onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts over the spread along one short side. Roll up and cut in half.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Lavash is a soft, thin flatbread commonly used in Armenian or Iranian cuisine. Find it in well-stocked supermarkets or Middle Eastern specialty markets.
Per serving: 343 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 62 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 13 g fiber; 525 mg sodium; 563 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Folate (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)