Butter-Bean Spread Roll-Up Sandwich
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
This vegetarian sandwich is full of flavors and textures, and beans make it extra satisfying. We love the combination of onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts, but equal amounts of whatever vegetables you like or have on hand will also work well.
- 1/4 cup Butter-Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- 1 whole-wheat lavash, (see Note)
- 1 small slice red onion
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- Spread butter-bean spread over the lavash, leaving a 1-inch border on the short sides. Arrange onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts over the spread along one short side. Roll up and cut in half.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Lavash is a soft, thin flatbread commonly used in Armenian or Iranian cuisine. Find it in well-stocked supermarkets or Middle Eastern specialty markets.
Per serving: 343 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 62 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 13 g fiber; 525 mg sodium; 563 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Folate (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)