Butter-Bean Spread Roll-Up Sandwich
From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
This vegetarian sandwich is full of flavors and textures, and beans make it extra satisfying. We love the combination of onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts, but equal amounts of whatever vegetables you like or have on hand will also work well.
- 1/4 cup Butter-Bean Spread (recipe follows)
- 1 whole-wheat lavash, (see Note)
- 1 small slice red onion
- 1 cup torn lettuce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup mung bean sprouts
- Spread butter-bean spread over the lavash, leaving a 1-inch border on the short sides. Arrange onion, lettuce, fennel, carrot and sprouts over the spread along one short side. Roll up and cut in half.
Tips & Notes
- Note: Lavash is a soft, thin flatbread commonly used in Armenian or Iranian cuisine. Find it in well-stocked supermarkets or Middle Eastern specialty markets.
Per serving: 343 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 62 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 13 g fiber; 525 mg sodium; 563 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (130% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), Folate (18% dv), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)