From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Spread this bean puree on crackers, on a vegetable sandwich or dip assorted vegetables in it.
- 1 16-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Puree butter beans, scallion, garlic, yogurt, Parmesan, oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 35 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 132 mg sodium; 102 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: Per 2 servings: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)