From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Spread this bean puree on crackers, on a vegetable sandwich or dip assorted vegetables in it.
- 1 16-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Puree butter beans, scallion, garlic, yogurt, Parmesan, oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 35 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 132 mg sodium; 102 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: Per 2 servings: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)