From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Spread this bean puree on crackers, on a vegetable sandwich or dip assorted vegetables in it.
- 1 16-ounce can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Puree butter beans, scallion, garlic, yogurt, Parmesan, oil, vinegar, rosemary, salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Per 2-tablespoon serving: 35 calories; 2 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono); 2 mg cholesterol; 5 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 132 mg sodium; 102 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: Per 2 servings: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)