I was looking for a healthy alternative to buffalo wings for a long time and this recipe was great. I did the following things based on the comments I read: Thank you all who posted comments...
1. After I cut up my raw chicken breast, I marinaded it in Frank's buffalo wing sauce (which I used instead of hot sauce - but it is probably the same thing...) This helped flavor the meat and make it moist in the process
2. I shredded the carrots (great idea...)
3. I added about 1/4 of the bottle of the Frank's buffalo wing sauce. The milk/corn starch mixture balances it out so well.
4. Instead of adding extra blue cheese to the creamy chicken sauce, I added 2 of the Laughing Cow lite blue cheese wedges. This gave the sauce the extra blue cheese flavor and added creaminess. There are only a couple of stores in my area who sell the blue cheese wedges.
5. I used about 1/2 pound of pasta.
The amazing part is that I did not slave to make this dish. There are so many casseroles out there where you spend so much time prepping. This was not too bad...
I prepped the casserole yesterday and baked it today until it was hot. My husband said this was probably one of the best things I have made. I was amazed as to how rich and yummy it tasted. Plus the celery was cooked perfectly with a little crunch and the carrots and onion complimented this so nicely.