Brussels Sprouts with Walnut-Lemon Vinaigrette
Here we dress steamed Brussels sprouts with a delicate vinaigrette flavored with fresh lemon and nutty walnut oil.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket and steam in a large saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the sprouts to the dressing; toss to coat.
Per serving: 108 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 188 mg sodium; 405 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv), Folate (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation