Brussels Sprouts with Walnut-Lemon Vinaigrette
Here we dress steamed Brussels sprouts with a delicate vinaigrette flavored with fresh lemon and nutty walnut oil.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket and steam in a large saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the sprouts to the dressing; toss to coat.
Per serving: 108 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 188 mg sodium; 405 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv), Folate (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable