Brussels Sprouts with Walnut-Lemon Vinaigrette
Here we dress steamed Brussels sprouts with a delicate vinaigrette flavored with fresh lemon and nutty walnut oil.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain or Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place Brussels sprouts in a steamer basket and steam in a large saucepan over 1 inch of boiling water until tender, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, shallot, lemon zest, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the sprouts to the dressing; toss to coat.
Per serving: 108 calories; 7 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 3 g fiber; 188 mg sodium; 405 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin K (216% daily value), Vitamin C (130% dv), Vitamin A (20% dv), Folate (19% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 vegetable, 1 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable