Made these to try out before Thanksgiving. Tastes delicious. I had sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil with seasoning already added in, so I just left out the oil, garlic, and oregano. The tomatoes complement the brussel sprouts perfectly.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Here we toss nutty roasted sprouts with a quick sun-dried tomato pesto.
3 Reviews for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
I'm a huge Brussels sprouts fan and make them for all family holidays. Unfortunately not everyone in my family is a fan. This recipe changed that! Everyone was in love with the Brussels sprouts after I made this recipe! I made the pesto and roasted the sprouts the day before. The day of, I bring them to room temp, mix and serve. The red wine vinegar gives the pesto a hint of unexpected spice. I use dried (not oil-packed) tomatoes and reconstitute, then use some of that liquid in place of the water. Yummy! The only downside was having to admit how easy the recipe really way!
This is a recipe for even those who purport not to like sprouts. I made is last night and got rave reviews from everyone, including a devoted Brussels sprouts hater. Tomato pesto can be made well ahead of time, so all you have to do is roast the veggies and toss on the sauce at the end. Bingo!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)