Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Sage
From EatingWell: November/December 2013
In this roasted Brussels sprouts recipe, pancetta—cured Italian-style bacon—seasons sweet Brussels sprouts with a hint of salt and a touch of smoke that goes nicely with the fresh sage. These Brussels sprouts are the perfect vegetable side dish to any turkey, pork or chicken dinner.
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse leek slices well to remove any grit, then pat dry. Combine with Brussels sprouts, pancetta, sage, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Keep warm in a 225°F oven for up to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 109 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 289 mg sodium; 416 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (23% dv), Folate (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- November/December 2013