Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Sage
From EatingWell: November/December 2013
In this roasted Brussels sprouts recipe, pancetta—cured Italian-style bacon—seasons sweet Brussels sprouts with a hint of salt and a touch of smoke that goes nicely with the fresh sage. These Brussels sprouts are the perfect vegetable side dish to any turkey, pork or chicken dinner.
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse leek slices well to remove any grit, then pat dry. Combine with Brussels sprouts, pancetta, sage, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Keep warm in a 225°F oven for up to 15 minutes.
Per serving: 109 calories; 6 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 5 mg cholesterol; 11 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 289 mg sodium; 416 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (130% daily value), Vitamin A (23% dv), Folate (20% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
Eating meatless at least once a week has a host of health...
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
These healthy vegan recipes take you on a virtual trip around...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- November/December 2013