Loved it! Made a half recipe as a practice run last night and served with a roasted chicken. Used Applewood bacon from BB which was not too greasy so I just left the drippings in the pan, omitted the olive oil and used thyme for the herb and the lemon juice. Even my 11 mth old Zach ate it happily.
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Onions
From EatingWell: November/December 2009
Fresh herbs, onion and bacon pair beautifully with Brussels sprouts. This vegetable loves the cool weather of fall and early winter. If you can find them still attached to the stalk, don’t be intimidated—buy them, as they’re likely more fresh. All you need to do is slice off each sprout with a paring knife. However you find them at the market, this is a delicious way to prepare them. (Recipe adapted from The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters.)
6 Reviews for Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & Onions
This recipe is the best I've ever had with Brussel Sprouts. It is to die for. I had it at a friends home for Thanksgiving. I am making it today for my family. I will always make this recipe for Thanksgiving.
My family loved this recipes last Thanksgiving and requested it again this year!
I made this for Thanksgiving to help my mother out and everyone loved it!!!! soo good!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)