Broiled Cajun Catfish
Lightly seasoned cornmeal turns into a tasty crust for broiled catfish fillets. Make it a meal: Serve with Creamy Coleslaw and Oven Sweet Potato Fries.
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place fish fillets in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Stir together cornmeal, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne in another shallow dish. Lift each piece of fish from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess, and dip both sides in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely. Place on the prepared rack.
- Broil the fish, about 4 inches from the heat, until it is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 250 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 380 mg sodium; 437 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique