Broiled Cajun Catfish
Lightly seasoned cornmeal turns into a tasty crust for broiled catfish fillets. Make it a meal: Serve with Creamy Coleslaw and Oven Sweet Potato Fries.
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place fish fillets in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Stir together cornmeal, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne in another shallow dish. Lift each piece of fish from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess, and dip both sides in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely. Place on the prepared rack.
- Broil the fish, about 4 inches from the heat, until it is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 250 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 380 mg sodium; 437 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation