Broiled Cajun Catfish
Lightly seasoned cornmeal turns into a tasty crust for broiled catfish fillets. Make it a meal: Serve with Creamy Coleslaw and Oven Sweet Potato Fries.
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place fish fillets in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Stir together cornmeal, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne in another shallow dish. Lift each piece of fish from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess, and dip both sides in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely. Place on the prepared rack.
- Broil the fish, about 4 inches from the heat, until it is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 250 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 380 mg sodium; 437 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood