Broiled Cajun Catfish
Lightly seasoned cornmeal turns into a tasty crust for broiled catfish fillets. Make it a meal: Serve with Creamy Coleslaw and Oven Sweet Potato Fries.
- 1 1/4 pounds catfish fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the broiler. Lightly spray a rack (large enough to hold the fish in a single layer) with cooking spray and set it on top of a baking sheet.
- Place fish fillets in a shallow dish, pour buttermilk over and turn to coat well. Stir together cornmeal, salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne in another shallow dish. Lift each piece of fish from the buttermilk, shaking off the excess, and dip both sides in the cornmeal mixture, coating completely. Place on the prepared rack.
- Broil the fish, about 4 inches from the heat, until it is opaque in the center, about 3 minutes per side.
Per serving: 250 calories; 11 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 67 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 380 mg sodium; 437 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (26% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 1/2 lean meat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less