Our family loves this recipe. It's a great way to consume broccoli with a different flavor!
Broccoli with Caramelized Onions & Pine Nuts
Broccoli's impressive nutritional profile (think folate, vitamins C and A, fiber, phytochemicals) puts it high on the list of foods to eat more of, an inviting task when you toss it with crunchy pine nuts, soft, sweet onions and tangy balsamic vinegar.
5 Reviews for Broccoli with Caramelized Onions & Pine Nuts
Even my grandchildren love it; ages 12 and 7.
We loved it. Used the almonds instead of pine nuts. Also switched out chopped broccoli for florets, and lightly steamed them. This blended the flavors, so every bite was scrumptious. The onions added a surprise sweetness to the normally bland broccoli.
This was great! I used almonds instead of pine nuts (last time I used pine nuts I had a bitter taste in my mouth for weeks). My husband doesn't like veggies, much but loved this.
Quick, easy, and delicious. The pine nuts add a nice crunchiness. Instead of tossing the broccoli with the other ingredients in a separate bowl, I turned off the burner tossed the broccoli with the nuts and onions right in the skillet.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)