Broccoli Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Finely chopped raw broccoli is tender and mild--here it's tossed with a creamy dressing, meaty chickpeas and sweet bell pepper.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Whisk feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add broccoli, chickpeas and bell pepper; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 324 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (140% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Folate (22% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 2007