Broccoli Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Finely chopped raw broccoli is tender and mild--here it's tossed with a creamy dressing, meaty chickpeas and sweet bell pepper.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Whisk feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add broccoli, chickpeas and bell pepper; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 324 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (140% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Folate (22% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007