Broccoli Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
Finely chopped raw broccoli is tender and mild--here it's tossed with a creamy dressing, meaty chickpeas and sweet bell pepper.
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces broccoli crowns, trimmed and finely chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 7-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Whisk feta, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and pepper in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add broccoli, chickpeas and bell pepper; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Per serving: 122 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 18 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 4 g fiber; 260 mg sodium; 324 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (140% daily value), Vitamin A (50% dv), Folate (22% dv), Calcium (15% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad, side/appetizer
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2007