Broccoli Rabe with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Sweet sun-dried tomatoes and tangy vinegar provide the perfect balance for broccoli rabe. Try it tossed with whole-wheat pasta and chickpeas or serve with roast chicken.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and gently press out as much water as possible.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 443 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Iron (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Onions are the perfect accompaniment to almost any savory...
Pesto is an easy way to add flavor without tons of extra...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Coffee is a healthy and flavorful addition to many desserts...
Coconut is a sweet addition to many healthy breakfast recipes...
The health perks of coffee only add to it's appeal for coffee...
If you’re looking for healthier food to enjoy during the...
Lentils are a versatile, budget-friendly and healthy addition...
Pork chops are a versatile and budget-friendly option for...
Apple recipes are a favorite fall fruit, whether you enjoy...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
If you like your food hot—spicy, that is—we've got some...
Mediterranean cuisine is delicious: it’s rich in fruits,...
This Valentine’s Day, stay in with the ones you love and make...
Ring in the Chinese New Year with these healthy Chinese...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2010