Broccoli Rabe with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Sweet sun-dried tomatoes and tangy vinegar provide the perfect balance for broccoli rabe. Try it tossed with whole-wheat pasta and chickpeas or serve with roast chicken.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and gently press out as much water as possible.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 443 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Iron (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2010