Broccoli Rabe with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Sweet sun-dried tomatoes and tangy vinegar provide the perfect balance for broccoli rabe. Try it tossed with whole-wheat pasta and chickpeas or serve with roast chicken.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and gently press out as much water as possible.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 443 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Iron (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2010