Broccoli Rabe with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Sweet sun-dried tomatoes and tangy vinegar provide the perfect balance for broccoli rabe. Try it tossed with whole-wheat pasta and chickpeas or serve with roast chicken.
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (about 1 pound), trimmed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Cook broccoli rabe in a large pot of boiling water until bright green and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and gently press out as much water as possible.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli rabe and cook, stirring, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Per serving: 122 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 7 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 4 g fiber; 149 mg sodium; 443 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (63% daily value), Vitamin C (62% dv), Folate (24% dv), Iron (16% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Side dish, vegetable
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2010