Well- I probably won't make this again. The broccoli rabe was just too bitter for me. I think if it had been cooked a different way or had more of a sauce on it I would have liked it more! Also- I would have added a little more Orzo to broccoli rabe- but that's just my personal preference!
Broccoli Rabe & Orzo Salad
From EatingWell: March/April 2010
Lemon, oregano and feta add zing to broccoli rabe tossed with whole-wheat orzo.
4 Reviews for Broccoli Rabe & Orzo Salad
I thought the flavors are great in the recipe, and I like the textures. But there was not very much, this would be 4 side dish sized servings. Also I used a little less oil than called for and it was still fairly oily, you can definitely use less for this recipe. If I make it again I will double the recipe. Also wheat orzo is slightly difficult to find.
I really liked this dish, and it's super easy and fast to make. I substituted quinoa twisted pasta for the orzo, and added chopped onion to the saute with the garlic (which added about 3 minutes to the saute time) and used organic feta. Will definitely be a regular, a great way to eat that healthy broccoli.
This broccoli rabe dish is fantastic! I made a few changes in order to utilize items I already had on hand as well as cut the calories. I used wild rice in place of the orzo and used light feta cheese in place of the regular. I also eliminated the olive oil completely and used olive oil spray in place of it cutting 240 calories from the recipe! I've made this dish twice since I received my magazine and will definitely be putting it into my "vegetable rotation" on a regular basis!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (84 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)