Broccoli & Parmesan Cheese Omelet
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
This high-protein breakfast recipe features broccoli and cheese folded into a light and fluffy omelet.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 slice sprouted-grain bread, toasted
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a small bowl; place near the stove.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and shallot; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour the eggs into the pan, without stirring, and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are set, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with toast.
Per serving: 407 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 9 g mono); 386 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 33 g protein; 4 g fiber; 683 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (58% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Calcium (34% dv), Folate & Vitamin B12 (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2014