Broccoli & Parmesan Cheese Omelet
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
This high-protein breakfast recipe features broccoli and cheese folded into a light and fluffy omelet.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 slice sprouted-grain bread, toasted
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a small bowl; place near the stove.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and shallot; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour the eggs into the pan, without stirring, and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are set, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with toast.
Per serving: 407 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 9 g mono); 386 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 33 g protein; 4 g fiber; 683 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (58% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Calcium (34% dv), Folate & Vitamin B12 (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014