Broccoli & Parmesan Cheese Omelet
From EatingWell: May/June 2014
This high-protein breakfast recipe features broccoli and cheese folded into a light and fluffy omelet.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 slice sprouted-grain bread, toasted
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a small bowl; place near the stove.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli and shallot; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Pour the eggs into the pan, without stirring, and sprinkle cheese on top. Cover the pan and cook until the eggs are set, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve with toast.
Per serving: 407 calories; 20 g fat (7 g sat, 9 g mono); 386 mg cholesterol; 22 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g total sugars; 33 g protein; 4 g fiber; 683 mg sodium; 447 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (58% daily value), Vitamin A (40% dv), Calcium (34% dv), Folate & Vitamin B12 (21% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 2 1/2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, vegetarian
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2014