I have to admit I modified this using 1/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup heavy cream rather than the nonfat milk. Also added a dash of sherry. Even though this was perhaps not as healthy as the original we just lightly drizzled the sauce on the crisp steamed broccoli for a beautiful presentation rather than drenching it in the sauce so less sauce was necessary.
Broccoli with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
From EatingWell: January/February 2011
Topping steamed broccoli with a good-for-you cheese sauce is an easy way to entice picky eaters to eat their veggies.
4 Reviews for Broccoli with Creamy Parmesan Sauce
This took just a few minutes to make and it was good, but not anything I see myself craving again in the near future. This is also wasn't satisfying as a stand alone meal. I think it would be better as a side, with maybe fish or baked chicken.
I loved this recipe, I never really had broccoli before other than in salad. Healthy, delicious and filling, I had it as a stand alone dish for dinner, yumm.
My husband and I love broccoli on salads and in pasta but have a hard time enjoying it as a stand-alone side. This recipe was great! It is easy and pretty and made broccoli a tasty side dish.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)