This is one of the tastiest soups I've ever made. I used to make a broccoli soup in the microwave that was great but this one is even better. I followed this recipe exactly except: I omitted the celery, used full-fat cheddar cheese, and used fat-free sour cream. Also, I pureed most of the soup with an immersion blender instead of mashing it. Cooking the ingredients didn't take as long as indicated.
This satisfying remake of broccoli chowder benefits from the creamy texture of cooked potatoes and smooth, tangy reduced-fat sour cream instead of getting its richness from as much as a cup each of cream and cheese. Not only is the flavor vibrant, but a single serving gives you over half of the daily recommendation for vitamin C.
94 Reviews for Broccoli-Cheese Chowder
In the mood for cream of broccoli soup I stumbled upon this recipe. I wanted a healthy version and thought it might need something more. I used 3 1/4 cps of organic chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups of almond milk. I did not have the other spices listed so, I added a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, fresh black pepper, 1 tb dried parsley, 1 tb dried oregano, 1 tb corn starch and salt as needed (about 1 tsp). I used my immersion blender to blend most of the ingredients. I also had no cheddar and used 1 cup of jarlsberg. What can I say...delish!! I regret not making a larger batch :). Enjoy!
Just wanted to add that I prepared this chowder with sweet potato and Greek yogurt. It turned out greater than great!
This dish was pretty tasty; the only thing I had to change was the amount of salt. It needed considerably more than was called for. Unfortunately, the reduced-fat cheese didn't blend well. Because it was so difficult to clean, I will not be making this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)