i forgot to add the flour and dry mustard, and chose not to add cheese and sour cream. instead, i ran a hand blender thru the cooked soup, and served with a variety of shredded cheeses so everyone could pick the kind they wanted. i had asiago in mine, and it was very good.
This satisfying remake of broccoli chowder benefits from the creamy texture of cooked potatoes and smooth, tangy reduced-fat sour cream instead of getting its richness from as much as a cup each of cream and cheese. Not only is the flavor vibrant, but a single serving gives you over half of the daily recommendation for vitamin C.
94 Reviews for Broccoli-Cheese Chowder
Added some leftover Thanksgiving turkey and it was a meal! So delicious, reminded me of chicken/turkey divan, but in soup form!
The reduced-fat cheese was stringy and clumped up after adding to the soup. Soup would be better just adding some cheese on top. Won't be making again.
My daughter and I made this and is smelled so good we couldn't wait until it was done. I used low sodium chicken broth, twice the amount of garlic and cayenne. FABULOUS!!!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)