My whole family loved this soup and the only complaint was that there wasn't any leftover. To make it a bit smoother, I didn't take a cup out to mash, but instead used my portable mixer to blend it all in the pot for a minute. I'll double the recipe next time.
This satisfying remake of broccoli chowder benefits from the creamy texture of cooked potatoes and smooth, tangy reduced-fat sour cream instead of getting its richness from as much as a cup each of cream and cheese. Not only is the flavor vibrant, but a single serving gives you over half of the daily recommendation for vitamin C.
94 Reviews for Broccoli-Cheese Chowder
I added some chopped ham and added the cheese in the plate. I served it with fresh bread which I ate "french-style" (putting the bread pieces in the soup with cheese on top).
LOVE this soup! I will be making this again!
Tasted Great and was easy to make. Only modifications I made was I used extra broccoli, a little bit more than 1 cup of cheese, and some ground pepper to season the veggies as they were sauteing at the beginning. Will make again!!
Awesome soup!!!!! I added 1/2 a can of green chili's and diced ham!!!!! Yum! I will definately make this again!!! ;)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)