One word: awesome!!! This soup was surprisingly great-- very flavorful for having so few ingredients, and very creamy despite not having any cream. I am definitely going to keep making this again and again. It's also great to make a big batch of and freeze in individual portions. Add a small salad and a piece of fruit, and you've got a perfect lunch or dinner.
Broccoli, Cannellini Bean & Cheddar Soup
From EatingWell: September/October 2007
White beans pureed into this broccoli soup make it extra creamy so you don't need heaps of cheese to do the job. Serve with a crunchy whole-grain roll and a glass of winter ale.
52 Reviews for Broccoli, Cannellini Bean & Cheddar Soup
Really delicious soup. I used low fat cheese and turned the blender as high as I could to get it nice and smooth. I also added a little vegetable bullion. Great, quick, yummy recipe.
This is one of my favorite weeknight go-to meals. It's fast and delicious. I like that it has some cheese but not a ton. The beans make it creamy and satisfying.
I made this tonight using a bag of frozen broccoli cuts (I had them in the house and it's very cold here). It was great! Since it was my main meal I did have more than one serving, but less than two.
Thanks for the wonderful soup!
Interesting that a bad review was based upon failure to read for comprehension (puree was mentioned in its description and at least once more in the body of the recipe/directions, for sakes!)... "It's the poor craftsman who blames his tools..."
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)