From EatingWell: The EatingWell Diet (2007)
A little low-fat dairy and some vitamin-rich fruit and you've just started your day right, nutritionally speaking.
- 3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese or low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, papaya chunks or cling peaches
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- Place cottage cheese (or yogurt) in a small bowl. Top with fruit and sprinkle with wheat germ.
Per serving (with cottage cheese, pineapple): 247 calories; 3 g fat (2 g sat, 0 g mono); 15 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 3 g fiber; 632 mg sodium; 479 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (28% daily value), Calcium (33% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 fruit, 3 very lean meat
Nutrition Note: Per serving (with yogurt, papaya): 196 calories; 4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono); 11 mg cholesterol; 31 g carbohydrate; 12 g protein; 3 g fiber; 140 mg sodium; 738 mg potassium. Nutrition bonus: Vitamin C (150% daily value), Vitamin A (30% dv), Calcium (37% dv), Folate (23% dv), Potassium (21% dv), Magnesisum (19% dv), Zinc (17% dv).
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- The EatingWell Diet (2007)
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)