Breakfast Mini Pizzas
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Pizza’s not just for dinner! Here we combine two kid favorites—mini pizzas and scrambled eggs—for a breakfast treat adults and kids will both love.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared marinara sauce
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 slices pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven broiler.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg and cook, stirring often, until set into soft curds, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread marinara sauce on English muffin halves. Top with the scrambled egg, cheese and pepperoni (if using). Broil until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 3 g mono); 223 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 5 g fiber; 598 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (28% daily value), Iron (16% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 high fat meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010