Breakfast Mini Pizzas
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Pizza’s not just for dinner! Here we combine two kid favorites—mini pizzas and scrambled eggs—for a breakfast treat adults and kids will both love.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared marinara sauce
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 slices pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven broiler.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg and cook, stirring often, until set into soft curds, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread marinara sauce on English muffin halves. Top with the scrambled egg, cheese and pepperoni (if using). Broil until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 3 g mono); 223 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 5 g fiber; 598 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (28% daily value), Iron (16% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 high fat meat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- September/October 2010
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)