Breakfast Mini Pizzas
From EatingWell: September/October 2010
Pizza’s not just for dinner! Here we combine two kid favorites—mini pizzas and scrambled eggs—for a breakfast treat adults and kids will both love.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared marinara sauce
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 slices pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven broiler.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg and cook, stirring often, until set into soft curds, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread marinara sauce on English muffin halves. Top with the scrambled egg, cheese and pepperoni (if using). Broil until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 10 g fat (4 g sat, 3 g mono); 223 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 5 g fiber; 598 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium (28% daily value), Iron (16% dv), Magnesium (15% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 high fat meat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 2010