From EatingWell: March/April 2013
It’s great to have a quick baked fish recipe for healthy fast dinners. This breadcrumb-crusted cod fits the bill. A creamy spread of Greek yogurt and tarragon keeps the cod moist and flavorful and helps keep the crispy breadcrumb topping in place. We like the delicate flavor of cod in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 1/4 pounds cod, tuna, wild salmon or mahi-mahi, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon and salt in another small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce on each piece of fish, then pat 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center and breadcrumbs are golden, about 15 minutes. Serve each portion with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce and a lemon wedge, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 220 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 268 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2013