From EatingWell: March/April 2013
It’s great to have a quick baked fish recipe for healthy fast dinners. This breadcrumb-crusted cod fits the bill. A creamy spread of Greek yogurt and tarragon keeps the cod moist and flavorful and helps keep the crispy breadcrumb topping in place. We like the delicate flavor of cod in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 1/4 pounds cod, tuna, wild salmon or mahi-mahi, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon and salt in another small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce on each piece of fish, then pat 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center and breadcrumbs are golden, about 15 minutes. Serve each portion with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce and a lemon wedge, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 220 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 268 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- March/April 2013