From EatingWell: March/April 2013
It’s great to have a quick baked fish recipe for healthy fast dinners. This breadcrumb-crusted cod fits the bill. A creamy spread of Greek yogurt and tarragon keeps the cod moist and flavorful and helps keep the crispy breadcrumb topping in place. We like the delicate flavor of cod in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 1/4 pounds cod, tuna, wild salmon or mahi-mahi, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon and salt in another small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce on each piece of fish, then pat 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center and breadcrumbs are golden, about 15 minutes. Serve each portion with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce and a lemon wedge, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 220 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 268 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2013