From EatingWell: March/April 2013
It’s great to have a quick baked fish recipe for healthy fast dinners. This breadcrumb-crusted cod fits the bill. A creamy spread of Greek yogurt and tarragon keeps the cod moist and flavorful and helps keep the crispy breadcrumb topping in place. We like the delicate flavor of cod in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 1/4 pounds cod, tuna, wild salmon or mahi-mahi, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon and salt in another small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce on each piece of fish, then pat 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center and breadcrumbs are golden, about 15 minutes. Serve each portion with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce and a lemon wedge, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 220 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 268 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2013