From EatingWell: March/April 2013
It’s great to have a quick baked fish recipe for healthy fast dinners. This breadcrumb-crusted cod fits the bill. A creamy spread of Greek yogurt and tarragon keeps the cod moist and flavorful and helps keep the crispy breadcrumb topping in place. We like the delicate flavor of cod in this recipe, but any firm fish fillet can be used in its place.
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, preferably whole-wheat
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1 1/4 pounds cod, tuna, wild salmon or mahi-mahi, skinned if desired, cut into 4 portions (see Tip)
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, garlic and oil in a small bowl. Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, tarragon and salt in another small bowl. Place fish on the prepared baking sheet. Spread 1 tablespoon of the yogurt sauce on each piece of fish, then pat 2 tablespoons of the breadcrumbs over it.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center and breadcrumbs are golden, about 15 minutes. Serve each portion with 1 tablespoon of the remaining sauce and a lemon wedge, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- For information about choosing sustainable seafood, visit seafoodwatch.org.
Per serving: 220 calories; 10 g fat (1 g sat, 6 g mono); 48 mg cholesterol; 13 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 18 g protein; 2 g fiber; 268 mg sodium; 243 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- March/April 2013