One palm tree produces 2 cans of "palm hearts". The use of palm is decimating the forests of south Asia, which are home to many endangered and threatened species. In addition to the loss of habitat, the methods used to harvest the palms produce large amounts of greenhouse gases. I recommend avoiding the use of palm hearts and also recommend avoiding foods with palm oil as an ingredient.
Brazilian Grilled Flank Steak
Barbecued meats (churrasco) are served in churrascarias, Brazilian barbecued-meat restaurants, with a salsa-like sauce as an accompaniment. Since hearts of palm show up at every salad bar in these restaurants, we've added them to the sauce to give it a tasty twist.
4 Reviews for Brazilian Grilled Flank Steak
If you add seasonings to the meat such as minced garlic, salt and pepper it tastes much better.
This was delicious. On its own, the steak doesn't have enough flavor, but when you add the salsa, it transforms the dish!
Jessica, Atlanta, GA
It is a pity that people change regional recipes without checking the local culture. I always feel bad about these kind of changes that overtime kill the spirit of the dishes.
Anonymous, Plano, TX
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)