From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandy, molasses, ginger and cinnamon add great flavor to these cookie cups. Fill them with sorbet or frozen yogurt for a beautiful end to a celebratory meal. For classic brandy snaps, shape the cookies by rolling them around a wooden spoon handle.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, brandy, butter, oil, molasses, ginger and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter (about 5 per sheet) 4 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and lacy holes have formed, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for about 1 minute. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and immediately drape them over inverted glasses or custard cups, gently pressing to flute edges. (If the cookies become too firm to shape, return them to the oven to soften.) When the cookies are firm, transfer to wire racks. Continue until all the batter is baked.
Per serving: 85 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992