From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandy, molasses, ginger and cinnamon add great flavor to these cookie cups. Fill them with sorbet or frozen yogurt for a beautiful end to a celebratory meal. For classic brandy snaps, shape the cookies by rolling them around a wooden spoon handle.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, brandy, butter, oil, molasses, ginger and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter (about 5 per sheet) 4 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and lacy holes have formed, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for about 1 minute. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and immediately drape them over inverted glasses or custard cups, gently pressing to flute edges. (If the cookies become too firm to shape, return them to the oven to soften.) When the cookies are firm, transfer to wire racks. Continue until all the batter is baked.
Per serving: 85 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992