From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandy, molasses, ginger and cinnamon add great flavor to these cookie cups. Fill them with sorbet or frozen yogurt for a beautiful end to a celebratory meal. For classic brandy snaps, shape the cookies by rolling them around a wooden spoon handle.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, brandy, butter, oil, molasses, ginger and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter (about 5 per sheet) 4 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and lacy holes have formed, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for about 1 minute. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and immediately drape them over inverted glasses or custard cups, gently pressing to flute edges. (If the cookies become too firm to shape, return them to the oven to soften.) When the cookies are firm, transfer to wire racks. Continue until all the batter is baked.
Per serving: 85 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- November/December 1992