From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandy, molasses, ginger and cinnamon add great flavor to these cookie cups. Fill them with sorbet or frozen yogurt for a beautiful end to a celebratory meal. For classic brandy snaps, shape the cookies by rolling them around a wooden spoon handle.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, brandy, butter, oil, molasses, ginger and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter (about 5 per sheet) 4 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and lacy holes have formed, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for about 1 minute. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and immediately drape them over inverted glasses or custard cups, gently pressing to flute edges. (If the cookies become too firm to shape, return them to the oven to soften.) When the cookies are firm, transfer to wire racks. Continue until all the batter is baked.
Per serving: 85 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992