From EatingWell: November/December 1992
Brandy, molasses, ginger and cinnamon add great flavor to these cookie cups. Fill them with sorbet or frozen yogurt for a beautiful end to a celebratory meal. For classic brandy snaps, shape the cookies by rolling them around a wooden spoon handle.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, brandy, butter, oil, molasses, ginger and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and let cool for 1 minute. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter (about 5 per sheet) 4 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and lacy holes have formed, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool for about 1 minute. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet with a metal spatula and immediately drape them over inverted glasses or custard cups, gently pressing to flute edges. (If the cookies become too firm to shape, return them to the oven to soften.) When the cookies are firm, transfer to wire racks. Continue until all the batter is baked.
Per serving: 85 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 4 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 0 g fiber; 10 mg sodium; 33 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique
- November/December 1992