From EatingWell: October 1998
Clafouti is a rustic French dessert where a thick batter is poured over fruit and baked in the oven until puffy. Brandied prunes are used here, but feel free to use your favorite dried or fresh fruit instead.
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes,diced
- 3 tablespoons brandy, preferably Armagnac
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Combine prunes and brandy in a small bowl. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch round glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in milk, vanilla and salt. Drain the brandy from the prunes into batter and whisk until smooth. Scatter the prunes evenly in prepared pan and pour in batter.
- Bake the clafouti until sides are puffed and golden and center is just set, 25 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
Per serving: 163 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 108 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 143 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- October 1998