From EatingWell: October 1998
Clafouti is a rustic French dessert where a thick batter is poured over fruit and baked in the oven until puffy. Brandied prunes are used here, but feel free to use your favorite dried or fresh fruit instead.
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes,diced
- 3 tablespoons brandy, preferably Armagnac
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Combine prunes and brandy in a small bowl. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch round glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in milk, vanilla and salt. Drain the brandy from the prunes into batter and whisk until smooth. Scatter the prunes evenly in prepared pan and pour in batter.
- Bake the clafouti until sides are puffed and golden and center is just set, 25 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
Per serving: 163 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 108 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 143 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
In the hot months of summer, cool down with a refreshing and...
Our nonalcoholic drink recipes, or “mocktails,” are festive...
Kick back and enjoy one of our delicious healthy summer punch...
During the busy workweek, these no-cook dinner recipes are...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Fresh leeks are a delicious addition to many recipes. These...
Farmers’ markets and gardens are full of fresh and delicious...
Sardines (Pacific, wild-caught) are one of the healthiest...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- October 1998