From EatingWell: October 1998
Clafouti is a rustic French dessert where a thick batter is poured over fruit and baked in the oven until puffy. Brandied prunes are used here, but feel free to use your favorite dried or fresh fruit instead.
- 1/2 cup pitted prunes,diced
- 3 tablespoons brandy, preferably Armagnac
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- Combine prunes and brandy in a small bowl. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch round glass or ceramic baking dish with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl until blended. Gradually whisk in flour until smooth. Whisk in milk, vanilla and salt. Drain the brandy from the prunes into batter and whisk until smooth. Scatter the prunes evenly in prepared pan and pour in batter.
- Bake the clafouti until sides are puffed and golden and center is just set, 25 to 35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature, dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
Per serving: 163 calories; 3 g fat (1 g sat, 1 g mono); 108 mg cholesterol; 25 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 1 g fiber; 154 mg sodium; 143 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 other carbohydrate
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- More than 1 hour
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- October 1998