After reading reviews, I had very high expectations. I think using all red pepper and no green was a mistake that increased the overall sweetness of this dish. It was edible, but nowhere near a favorite.
Braised Paprika Chicken
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Sweet Hungarian paprika gives this creamy braised chicken the best flavor. This is a good “pantry dish” since you should have the basics on hand and only need to purchase the chicken. You may vary the recipe by using cubed veal shoulder instead of chicken and mushrooms instead of peppers. Serve with whole-wheat orzo flavored with minced parsley or dill.
53 Reviews for Braised Paprika Chicken
Wow! This is delicious! 4 cups of onions sound like a lot but it's perfect cause they cook down a lot. Left out the red pepper flakes cause the little one doesn't do spicy. Great recipe...thanks!!!!
This recipe is a keeper! Very delicious and simple to prepare. Everyone in my family loved it, even my picky 16 year old.
This recipe tasted wonderful! I will definitely make it again but I will use chicken breasts that are already skinned & deboned for quicker preparation. I served it with quinoa mixed with spinach & chopped almonds.
I made this for my family this last week and even my kids loved it. I used a whole red and whole green bell pepper instead of just the amounts in the recipe, but other then that I followed the recipe. I served it over mashed potatoes and it was just delicious! I will definitely be making this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)