This recipe was actually pretty easy to make. The chicken was flavorful (but not too strong) and made a lot of great sauce. I will be making this again.
Braised Paprika Chicken
From EatingWell: January/February 2009
Sweet Hungarian paprika gives this creamy braised chicken the best flavor. This is a good “pantry dish” since you should have the basics on hand and only need to purchase the chicken. You may vary the recipe by using cubed veal shoulder instead of chicken and mushrooms instead of peppers. Serve with whole-wheat orzo flavored with minced parsley or dill.
53 Reviews for Braised Paprika Chicken
Very yummy. Next time I'll add some mushrooms.
Meh. My curry- and chili-loving family votes to skip this one. Not enough taste "bang" for the time "buck". Disappointing after driving many miles and paying a fair amount for some nice sweet paprika.
This has just the right flavor---did not put full amt. of red chili flakes (husband cannot handle heat) a nice pinch was enough. One review complained recipe not low fat, but it is when you consider 6 servings. Leave out the butter if you want. This is a keeper! Share with your family and friends!
I made this last night- absolutely fabulous! As others did, I used boneless breasts and thighs, cutting the breasts to the same size as the thighs, and I did brown them ahead of time in the dutch oven. This reduced the cooking time to about 30 minutes and the dish STILL tasted like I had slowly simmered the chicken all night! At the last minute I added fresh mushrooms and a large can of diced tomatoes. It is more time-consuming than some other recipes but it also TASTES like some time went into it. I served it over whole wheat couscous. This is a NEW FAVORITE at my house!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)