I substituted beef chuck for the lamb and mushrooms for the peas. Instead of flour I used cornstarch which provided a silky smooth texture to the gravy. My husband and i both had 2nd helpings. Flavors were wonderful!
Braised Lamb with a Garden-Vegetable Medley
This spring stew, known as a navarin or ragoût in France, features seasonal lamb and uses tender young vegetables that add a fresh flavor to the hearty mix. While a braised dish like this takes a little time, it can be prepared entirely in advance, making it perfect for entertaining.
3 Reviews for Braised Lamb with a Garden-Vegetable Medley
Definitely keeping this one in my arsenal, came out so good! I barely even touched my wine by the time the dish was consumed!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)