This was unexpectedly delicious. I thought it would look nice instead of plain green beans or green beans almondine because of the added colors from the tomatoes and the squash - but WOW was I impressed by the flavor. Printing and saving this recipe in my little cookbook!
Braised Green Beans & Summer Vegetables
From EatingWell: May/June 2009
When green beans, summer squash and cherry tomatoes are plentiful in backyard gardens and farmers' markets, try this quick braise. We like the salty, nutty flavor of Parmesan, but you can use any flavorful cheese.
6 Reviews for Braised Green Beans & Summer Vegetables
We usually sauté these same vegetables, and I didn't expect it to be much different, but it really was! The white wine made all the difference.
These were absoutely delicious! I forgot to add the Parmesan at the end, but they were wonderful and tasty without it.
Tasty and easy. Used 1 zucchini and 1small yellow squash for extra volume and color.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)