I needed to use some cabbage from my CSA. I wanted a main dish rather than a side dish, so I doubled the recipe (I had a lot of cabbage!) and added a couple cups of white beans to boost the protein. I substituted white wine for some of the broth, and slivered almonds for the peanuts. Quite tasty; I'll make again!
Braised Bulgur & Cabbage
Cooking hearty cabbage with nutty-tasting bulgur makes for a practical and nutrient-rich braise that marries nicely with pork or chicken.
2 Reviews for Braised Bulgur & Cabbage
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- 5 “bad” foods you should be eating (331 comments)
- The #1 food you should eat (and probably don't) (211 comments)
- How to pickle anything (no canning necessary) (125 comments)
- 3 reasons you should snack on popcorn (124 comments)
- 3 reasons you should reach for canola oil when you’re cooking (102 comments)
- What’s Fresh: Is corn healthy or not? (99 comments)
- The best breakfast foods for weight loss (78 comments)
- How to make a healthy smoothie: best smoothie ingredients & 10 to ditch (76 comments)
- Is Coconut Oil Healthier Than Butter? (76 comments)
- Trying to save money? 15 foods you don’t need to buy organic (72 comments)