I needed to use some cabbage from my CSA. I wanted a main dish rather than a side dish, so I doubled the recipe (I had a lot of cabbage!) and added a couple cups of white beans to boost the protein. I substituted white wine for some of the broth, and slivered almonds for the peanuts. Quite tasty; I'll make again!
Braised Bulgur & Cabbage
Cooking hearty cabbage with nutty-tasting bulgur makes for a practical and nutrient-rich braise that marries nicely with pork or chicken.
2 Reviews for Braised Bulgur & Cabbage
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)